Monday, November 17, 2014

Lonely

Ah, so it comes again,
The insomnia that takes me,
Consumes me and hates her.
It hates her, that one in the mirror.

The ‘me’ I see is so strange,
I’m confused by it all,
Afraid,
Deranged.

But then there’s you,
Who sees me differently.
The one behind the scenes,
Who doesn’t hate or despise me.

So now you’re busy,
And I’m supposed to be asleep.
But I’m not tired,
No, not in the slightest.

So I think I’d just sit here.
Just sit here alone.
I’m going to stay awake.
Just waiting…

But the truth is,
Despite it all,
Even though you’re not right here with me,
Somewhere far off away from my sight.

Despite all that,
I’d still sit here alone,
And through the lonely times…
I’d still wait…

Because all I ever wanted was to see you,
To hear you,
To know that you're safe.
All I ever wanted was you by my side.

That's why,
I'd still be here.
That's why,
I'd still wait...

...

Is that okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment